Monday, April 20, 2009

My Birthday Partay Soiree!

What a great weekend!! I celebrated my birthday with 58 fabulous friends and family last Saturday and had a blast!
The venue was a Jewish Kosher restaurant called A Cow Jumped Over the Moon in Beverly Hills. They had been closed for 2 weeks for Passover so I was really happy that they were able to reserve the entire patio for my party! The weather was perfect and there was plenty of room to lounge, eat, mix, and mingle.My theme colors were black and white (in a vintage floral print) with teal accents. I had special table runners made and created glass votive candle holders with teal ribbon for a simple but elegant look.
Thanks to those who noticed my matching teal-colored heels!
My signature drink was a super cute green-colored mojito called a Jo-jito. It was DEE-lish!

The center of attention was definitely the photobooth, provided by Photocube! What I personally loved best was that the pictures taken were also shown on a screen outside of the booth for everyone to enjoy as well. It helped make the photobooth more interactive and fun! It was definitely the big hit of the party and hardly ever empty (I saw guests leaving with STACKS of photos...haha).To tie in with the photobooth, I set up a table FULL of scrapbook supplies to decorate a birthday scrapbook for me. They could use fun scissors, paper, stickers, markers, and write fun messages. It also worked as a sign in book and it allowed people to get really creative, and there were some SERIOUSLY creative people! I couldn't wait to get home and go through the book of memories that everyone got to participate in!I also placed several of my personal scrapbooks at a table near the entrance so that guests coming in could enjoy milestone events that they might remember. They also turned out to be a great conversation starter for those who didn't know each other but recognized each other in pictures.And the cake!!! It was a delicious soft chocolate with white frosting provided by the bakery downstairs. Because it's also a French restaurant, the frosting was sweet but not too sugary, and I heard people were helping themselves to seconds!And as guests left, they were given a cute little party favor of teal-colored jelly belly beans (it was berry blue flavor for those who wanted to know) in white drawstring organza bags. Michelle from the Original Jelly Bean Factory in Burbank was super helpful and I would definitely recommend them for anyone who needs jelly beans and colored M&M's.
Thanks to everyone who made it out that night and for sharing my birthday with me. It was wonderful to see so many people come and enjoy a nice evening together! Photocube posted all the pictures taken from the photobooth if you'd like a digital copy or print one out. And if you took any pictures at the party, please send me your link or send me a copy! I was so busy catching up that I didn't take any!

No comments:

Post a Comment