Tuesday, September 1, 2009

9 Movie Screening

Thursday night I was invited to watch Tim Burton's latest animated film, 9. I was the editorial coordinator on the picture during pre-production in 2006, so it was very exciting to finally see the completed project.I brought along my cousin Angie as my date and the screening took place at ICM in Culver City. There was a delicious and adorable reception afterward with the movie's colors green and brown as their theme. I loved the little details, including the "9" cupcakes, the green and brown linen cocktail tables, and as gifts, 9 books were given to each guest. I was able to steal director Shane Acker away for a minute to autograph our books, and it was great to see all the familiar faces I haven't talked to in 2 years!And the movie? AMAZING!!! Action, adventure, suspense, explosions, heartfelt moments, great actors (voices), and in the end, not a typical Tim Burton film, which I thought was kinda nice. I will definitely go and see it in the theatres when it comes out again. I hope you will too! It's pretty easy to remember, 9 on 9/9/09. Check out the trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment