Monday, February 8, 2010

ISES Breakfast Education Mixer

Wednesday was our ISES LA Power Breakfast Educational Session. Our breakfast team consisted of the awesome Jeff Sigler of FormDecor, newly-inducted Takowa Patterson, and myself.
The event was a smashing success, despite the starting hour of of 7:30am! I definitely felt I accomplished a lot by 7:30am though!

The venue was The Ebell of Los Angeles who provided all the yummy drinks (like Sunrise Sangria!!) and hearty breakfast; Jeremy Weinglass played a melodious piano to add to the Victorian presence of the historic Ebell.Attendees enjoyed our 2 Educational speakers Chien Wang, who spoke about better ways to network and make connections, and Sandra Sellani, who talked about branding and company differentiation. I loved that they related to all businesses in our industry but also tied really well together. Needless to say I have LOTS of notes!Afterward, books were sold by the speakers and Melissa of the Ebell offered tours of the beautiful venue, which includes the Ebell theatre next door.The event was a great success and I really enjoyed working on this event! Apparently I'll be in charge of planning the next breakfast (Yikes/Yay!!) and I'm excited to continue this growing momentum with education, breakfast, and networking!
For more information about ISES ( International Special Events Society), please click here.
Photo Credit: Melissa Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment