Thursday, March 25, 2010

Madame Tussauds in Hollywood Open for Events!

I went and visited the new Madame Tussauds in Hollywood with Events Coordinator Jessica Rhoades. What a fun place to work! Since it's Spring Break season, there was a ton of people taking pictures and coming in for the museum. The museum itself is 3 stories tall and there are all sorts of fun themes inside, from Old Hollywood to a Clubbing room, and even a Western room! I even got my photo taken with Beyonce (that picture will be online soon, woohoo!).

George Lopez will be unveiling his wax figure on April 1st in the courtyard. Who says they never see any stars in LA?
In addition to being able to rent out the museum space (yes, you can party amongst the "celebrities!"), they also have this fantastic rooftop space for parties, dinners, and swanky cocktail parties! You can overlook Hollywood Blvd and even see the top of the Graumann's Chinese theatre!

Uh...Samuel L. Jackson is looking right at me!!!
There are smaller events you can do as well, like a VIP Champagne tour of the museum, and a small dinner party for about 40 people in the "Awards Room." In fact, Jessica forwarded me a special they're having right now if anyone is interested in having an event, party, or even an awards show!

I've been to the Madame Tussaud's museum in London and Las Vegas. I remember the one in London being very formal and elegant...but I couldn't touch any of the figures (but maybe that was just my mom's rule...?!). In Las Vegas they let you take pictures and stand next to the figures wearing props and stuff and I probably spent like 2 hours in there! And the Hollywood one, well let's just say I'm gonna be making another trip and taking a fully charged camera with me!

A Hottie even as a wax figure!
Jessica says it's all about having fun at her venue, so guests are encouraged to play, take photos, and have fun with the wax figures (as long as you don't damage them). How fun is that!?
Oh, and they even offer a hand-waxing gift while you're there! I had always seen them done at the LA County Fair but never tried it. So now I have my "Peace Sign" waxed forever!
Now if only I can figure out what to do with it now...?
I really hope to plan a cool party one day at Madame Tussauds! For more info on renting space, contact Jessica at (323) 798-1674. Thanks Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment