Monday, March 15, 2010

Speaking at Chapman University

I had the wonderful opportunity and pleasure to speak to the lovely women of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority at my alma mater, Chapman University in Orange, CA. I hadn't visited the school in years and was really impressed by how much the school (and the chapter!) had grown in such a short time.
The Epsilon Delta chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma.
My presentation was entitled "The Wonderful World of Event Planning and How Phi Sigma Sigma helped shape 'The Rest of your Life'." I really wanted to show the girls how my experiences in sorority, however small, trivial, difficult, or dramatic it was at the time, really helped me grow not only as a person but as a leader and business woman. Not only did those three years sharpen my event planning skills (because these girls deal with just as much as an event planner does) but I really learned how to present myself in the best light, network and build relationships with the right people, and always seek new ways to learn through volunteering and "putting myself out there" in as many ways as possible.

Afterward I chatted with some of the girls who were interested in the event planning industry and we're planning on keeping in touch so I can help guide them towards their goals.
For more information about speaking opportunities, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment